Speak out against PIPA
SOPA has been shelved (probably so they can try to pass something like SOPA in some other bill when nobody is looking). Wikipedia has decided to participate in the blackout. We will also take part in the blackout. Now we must speak up against PIPA. Spread the word, post about it everywhere, talk about it, get informed.
More information on PIPA
- For an in-depth analysis of PIPA, read this blog post by PK Deputy Legal Director Sherwin Siy.
- Read about why prominent Internet engineers are against PIPA.
- Read this letter from 13 public interest organizations in opposition to PIPA.
- Read about why the New York Times and LA Times came out against PIPA as written.
- Read this letter from 100+ law professors opposing PIPA.
- Read this letter from 50 venture capitalists expressing concern with PIPA.
- Read the letter from NetCoalition concerning the Private Right of Action in PIPA.
- Read the text of PIPA yourself.